Straight From the Heart

Friday, July 21, 2006

A month old

Time flies, isn't it ?? It seems just yesterday that I was at the Pune Station, standing at the door of my compartment, waving my friends and mom dad goodbye......smiles on the lips, anxiety in the mind and pain in the heart.
And here I am now, one month old at WIMWI and when I look back now, it all seems to go by in a flash !!
The week was comparatively lighter on load than the last one. We had two quizzes as compared to four last week !!! But I have now stopped bothering so much about the load......That is something taken for granted here so U got to live with it. I am trying to enjoy the entire process now and am realizing am under much less pressure this way.

I had gone to the library yesterday and saw the latest issue of Business Today, that contains the annual survey on B-Schools. WIMWI was, as expected, ranked first but there was something else too that got a smile on my face. The cover page showed our director with a group of the 2007 graduating batch, thats our seniors, the tuchhas. Even inside the magazine, where theres was a special report on the college, there were few other snaps of various tuchhas. It felt absolutely great seeing those snaps. These are the people whom I meet everyday, I know them personally, know their names and some of them are even in my dorm. To see all of them in the magazine is a thrill of its own. Also, the magazine had a photo of the Vikram Sarabhai library and mentioned how its one of the most comprehensive libraries in the country. I was sitting inside the same library and reading about it in a national magazine. Another moment of thrill for me !! The magazine also mentioned CT, Cafe TANSTAAFL, where we regularly hang around....( It stands for "There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch")

Interviews have started for the various clubs this place has. Its a very formal procedure and gaining entry into any of these clubs is indeed a big thing. I have given couple of interviews this week and hope to get shortlisted for few others in the days to come. There are going to be laods of events happening here in the coming months and the preparations for the same have already begin. For the first time I will be persoanlly witnessing what it takes to organize events of such huge scale and prestige. Most of these events are the biggest of their kind in Asia Pacific and attracts big names from the industry. It will be exciting and I will keep this place updated as and when these events occur.

The weeknd is going to be hectic. Lots of catching up on studies front. Plus we have th complete the Operations Mgmt project work. For that we will be going out of campus tomorrow and then preparing the report. And yeah, the Mid-term exams start from 31 Jul, next monday. So we will all be tensed about them throughout this week I guess. But with all the quizzes and regular studies that we have been doing, its not gonna be like our engg college days when we would sit with the bools at the 11th hour and mug.......Here its gonna be more of a revision of what we have been studying till now. But its a huge syllabus and am not sure how much I will remember of what we have studied so far :)

The elections for various posts are taking place today. For a change, i did not stand for any post. Till now in my life, I had always served posts like the school captain, class CR, and other such leadership roles. But this time I opted out. I will, nevertheless, be actively involved in donning any responsibilities that the class and the batch needs me for.

Just after the mid terns will begin the much awaited T-Nites....There is not much time to prepare for them and thats why my class has started work on it. Its gonna be an awesome week when the T-Nites happen.....will keep this place updated. But uske pehle deadly mid-terms hai :(

The classes are going great as usual....Each class is enriching. Thankfully, we get samosas and Coffee/tea after the first class, at about 10.15. For the new campus souls like me who skip the breakfast, this is a boon !!

And the ritual of crowding on the PC after the last class for the dreaded quiz notice continues........But the non-academic action of this place is slowly coming to light as the days progress and I am looking forward to it.

4 Comments:

  • Good going Vinz .....as usual

    Ur blog would be an inspiration for lots of aspirants!

    Keep em coming

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:01 PM  

  • vinamra...
    another pieces of inspiring literature from u...
    i guess u shud also put ur cat experiences the one that u hav at pg...
    dude u r simply awesome,,,it makes me crave for the place even more...
    pray that i bcome ur fachcha and u my tuchha b4 u leave this place...
    now i know wht i missed

    By Blogger MiSh, at 9:31 PM  

  • Hi!!Your writing is too gud ..it is decorating ur blog in a different manner.Not like usual ones where ppl put polish words n gr8 ideas...Do kip it up!and post gud happenings abt IIMA...ITS INSPIRATIONS 2 all aspirants...thx

    Cheers,
    Gayatri
    email-gayatri.panda@ge.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • i could relate to every feeling, nice :)

    By Blogger Jhaya, at 4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home